What you need to know before selling in Paraguay?
Today Paraguay's B2C e-commerce market is worth €32.5294 billion. Growth, however, is steady and is set to continue at an annual growth rate of around 5%.
Per capita the average annual online spend in Paraguay is €231.
Paraguay’s top ecommerce sites are:
- 1. ComprasParaguai.com.br
- 2. Compras no Paraguai
- 3. MEGA ELETRONICOS
Cross-border spending in Paraguay is growing, international e-commerce now accounts for 6% of total ecommerce spend in Paraguay. When Paraguayan buyers choose to buy cross-border they tend to seek products from major markets like China, the UK, the US and Germany. The main driver for buying outside of Paraguay tends to be price and the availability/uniqueness of the product.
How to list for free on Google Shopping Paraguay?
In 2020 Google transitioned their Google Shopping Ads platform from a mainly paid service to a global ecommerce ecosystem that enables any merchant to sell their products anywhere for free.
It’s now free to list on Google Shopping in the US, the UK, EU, Asia and Latin American markets. By selling internationally in markets such as Paraguay, merchants not only open up their business to more buyers than ever before, but it also enables them to move away and ahead of their domestic competition.
We compared the Google Shopping traffic of several merchants; after the US launch of free visibility in April 2020 and then, after the international launch in October 2020:
- In the US, merchants saw a massive influx of free clicks growing to 10%-25% of total clicks.
- After October global launch, merchants could see their unpaid clicks quickly grow to 8-15% of total clicks in less than a month.
- Learn more about the impact of free listings on international Google Shopping.
How do I qualify for free Google Shopping in Paraguay?
Whilst it is now free to list items, there are still criteria that needs to be met in order for merchants to qualify, and just like paid ads if they do not meet 100% of the requirements then they will not be eligible to be shown in the shopping tab.
To qualify for the free Google Shopping Ads in Paraguay, you need to first create a Paraguayan feed and then opt into their program. To do this you need to localise your website and your listings for the Paraguayan market, to ensure that you meet the criteria set by Google to sell onto the Paraguayan market.
To set up your Paraguayan feed, you will need to:
- Translate and localize your landing page and product details so they meet Google’s Paraguayan requirements.
- Convert product currencies into Paraguay Guarani (PYG) and make sure your checkout accepts Paraguay Guarani (PYG) payments.
- Enable international shipping through a global carrier. International shipping prices for the Paraguayan market will have to be included in your Paraguayan product feed. See more details.
- If your Paraguayan product pages are hosted on a separated domain, you’ll need to setup a multi-client account that will allow you to submit data feeds for multiple domains. Each client may have a distinct store name and URL. When you request a multi-client account, your current Google Merchant Center account will become a sub-account in your new multi-client account. See more details.
- Once your website is fully localised, upload your product feed for the Paraguayan market to your Merchant Center.
Why do you need to localize product ads?
Localization is extremely important for cross-border trade. Not only does it ensure your international listings get traffic but that your store can start to convert international buyers at the checkout. They expect a shopping experience similar to if they were to shop domestically, and providing them with a localized experience leads to an increased checkout conversion.
You’ll need to adapt your listings and store to the Paraguayan market. This includes product descriptions in Paraguayan Guaraní, Spanish, correct local sizes, prices in Paraguay Guarani (PYG) and with common Paraguayan methods of payment.
Adopting your feed, listings and store for the Paraguayan market will not only dramatically increase your international transactions, but also increase the average transaction value. Learn more about Glopal’s free product ads localisation solution.
Don’t have a Paraguayan store?
If you don’t have a Paraguayan store you can still benefit from Google Shopping Ads, but you will need to address the following:
Language: Paraguayan Guaraní, Spanish version. Your store must have a Paraguayan version and your product feed that you submit to the merchant center for Google Shopping Ads should also point to the Paraguayan version.
Currency: The prices in your product feed must be in Paraguay Guarani (PYG).
Prices: Your landing pages, product pages and checkout must show the same currency that you use in the feed. For example, if you submit a feed with Paraguay Guarani (PYG) then all the prices on your site must also be in Paraguay Guarani (PYG).
Shipping: All shipping prices must also be in Paraguay Guarani (PYG).
Taxes: Where possible include local duties and taxes to ensure smooth and quick delivery of your products to Paraguay.
Legal: Ensure your site is fully compliant with Local Paraguayan ecommerce Terms of Service and Returns policies.
Checkout: You’ll need to have a checkout that can process payment in Paraguay Guarani (PYG).
Find out how to automate the store localization process with our translation plug & play solution.